So, this week has been a bit of a challenge.
1) I have consumed approximately two full boxes of cookies, and I am not proud of it.
2) I had to buy smooth peanut butter, because it was on sale and ‘chunky’ wasn’t.
3) One of my oldest friends is getting married tomorrow and I have no idea what to write in her card (Current draft: Dear Bertha,* It seems like only yesterday that you were wearing a training bra and braces. Now you have a real bra, straight teeth, AND a husband. What is that about? Sincerely, Real Girl)
* Not her name. Although, I wish I had a friend named Bertha.
4) My large intestine is being very expressive this week (probably due to the travesty that is #1), and I feel like I am being continuously impaled by a tiny rhino.
5) Today, my friend bent over and I saw 100% of her boob and we were in a group of people so I didn’t say anything about it and now it’s really too late to say anything about it, so I’m going to have to live my entire life carrying around this secret boob sighting and I don’t know how to feel about that.
When I’ve had a challenging week such as this one, I like to sit down and have some high quality journal time. I turn on some Bruce Springsteen, crack out my scissors, and start creating.
I thought I’d show you lovely people some of my favourite journal pieces, today.
Hopefully you enjoy this brief glimpse into my (blackened) soul.